Friday, April 10, 2015

Cup o' Slurp

This Saturday, April 11th is BYOC (Bring Your Own Cup) to 7Eleven day. With  a few minor rules, you can bring a container that can hold essentially a GALLON of Slurpee slurp and fill 'er up for $1.49.

I'd first like to commend 7Eleven for taking a probably unintentional step towards lessening their waste. As you know, I'm not all about that #SingleUseLife.

I'd also like to condemn them for allowing people to engulf a nauseating amount of whatever Slurpee slurp is. I've never had a Slurpee...actually I think I had a sip once and this was my reaction...


Emma Stone is number four on my home girl list...

But my boyfriend does indulge in the slurp on a hot day and he had this to say about the BYOC day, "Sounds like the intention is more of a marketing scheme than an environmental initiative...what's the biggest container we own?" For a marketing man he sure is easily swayed.   

Maybe 7Eleven read my stellar article last week on FroYo disposable cups and said, "This girl has a point! We should get ahead of the game before she highlights us next!" First off, I'm very flattered you read my blog 7Eleven marketing team... I think... Second, I'd be MORE impressed if after BYOC day, you continued to allow reusable cups to be used at your locations. Now I'm not advocating on continuing this gallon size rule- but a 22oz for a 22oz seems reasonable to me--heck if your bottom line is on the line, sell reusable Slurpee cups! Win for the Winner! But still gross. 

So go on slurpin my Slurpee friends! Just remember to BYOC!




Stay Trashy!


1 comment:

  1. Good read. Will other companies ever catch on and practice a BYOC regularly? Starbucks has a discount for bringing a personal cup in, how long till other corporations do the same? Also I wouldn't call your BF a "Marketing Man" more like he THINKS he's a marketing man. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete