Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's like their daughters Trashy...



...at least mine does!

It's Mother's Day! In celebration of my undying adoration and appreciation for my amazing Mother, I'm going to share this news article that she sent me earlier this week. Thanks for feeding my Trash addiction Ma...





Now the "fierce backlash" is really more about hipsters inability to brew their own organic, single origin, limited reserve, Ethiopian, medium roast coffee beans in the newest generation of Keurig machines than it is about the waste that disposable k-cups generate but I'll take what I can get.

Unlike past models of the Keurig machines the Keurig 2.0 cannot accept any reusable K-Cups (also known as My K-Cup) not like loads of people were using the refillable ones to begin with. The CEO of Keurig stated that they will create a reusable K-Cup that is suitable for the newer machines to use. Older versions of the My K-Cup still will not work in Keurig 2.0. 



Now I'd love to stand on my soap box and shout that this is due to the unwavering strong arm of environmentalists, but I can't. Like any solid business in our capitalist society this change is about money, not Trash but I'm beginning to think there's something to this Trash/Money equation.... A steady decline in sales lead Keurig to bring back the reusable cup after a "very small percent" of customers made a fuss on social media... 

But the fuss must have been big enough to cause the CEO to change his tune. Not even giving people the choice of using reusable cups in theory was better for the bottom line, but turns out money talks in mysterious ways. At least now caffeine addicts have a choice on how they do a brew. I'll take this as a win! 

No matter the reason behind the decision, the change will satisfy coffee connoisseur's, environmentalists and business folk alike. A rare but achievable feat. 


Stay Trashy friends & Happy Mother's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment