Saturday, April 9, 2016

#TrashGirlFavorite

My boyfriend brought home some used plant pots from his office this week so I started my own herb garden! 

I went to buy some plants and low and behold this BEAUTIFUL site! Plants in Biodegradable pots! AMAZING! They just a had a small piece of recyclable plastic around the edge so not 100% perfect but pretty darn close! and I just dropped them in to their planters. 

Now I know that biodegradable pots aren't new or even very innovative. But we are surrounded by much plastic so often that it's now a surprise (or in my case a treat) when something doesn't come in plastic and then it gets labeled hipster, chic, vintage and the price quadruples. Lucky for me this was not the case in my plan buying splurge. 



Meet Basel the Basil Plant, Rosie Rosemary and Francisco Oregano. Yes, all my plants have names. 
Hiding in the background behind Basel is Babar the Elephant Jade and Jasper Jade. 


While traditional plastic flats and pots plants come in are reusable and recyclable - reducing waste in the first place is always my ultimate goal (as it is with most waste conscious trashers). I'm also obsessing over composting and organics and this certainly fits the bill! 


If you're in the LA area and want some fresh herbs, I will gladly propagate a new plant for you from my amazing smelling friends. - Hashtag - Join the Sharing Economy. 

Bon appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment